MSWC 2017 Major Changes: Exclusive Extended Preview
The International Surfing Federation (FIDSM) has announced several significant changes before the MotoSurf World Championship 2017 (MSWC). The schedule was created for the 4th international championship, which will be held in five countries. In addition to this, five additional local events will be offered to motorsport enthusiasts throughout the year. We will take a closer look at the new MSWC terms, the timing, what affects special events, local races, and more. Year after year, the FIDSM and the Jetsurf family, which are the starting point of MSWC, are gaining strength and experience. With the main philosophical idea of Martin Sula, which could be summarized as “Look, learn, work and improve continuously”, we should set ourselves even greater goals, using events and technologies in the best way to develop greater productivity, new challenges and impressions. This article is based on the official MotoSurf World Cup website, as well as on conversations between MSN and MSWC staff. You may notice discrepancies between the information provided here and found on the FIDSM website (the official rules and regulations for the 2014 competitions were not updated with new MSWC features on the FIDSM website).
MSWC Official Race CalendarBelow you will find a calendar. If changes are made, MSWC and Motosurf Nation will keep you posted. St. Petersburg, which was recently introduced as its second destination, welcomes MSWC 2017. 12-14 мая France (Monaco) 9-11 июня Russia (St. Petersburg) 7-9 июля Great Britain (Tattershal) 1-3 сентября Czech Republic (Prague) 3-5 октября USA (Naples / Florida)
MSWC Basic RulesBasic Requirements 2017 :
- Each owner of a certified motorized surf (MSB) has the opportunity to register for the race.
- Any rider over 14 years of age can participate in regular races (less than 14 riders are allowed to participate in Prague).
- The completion of the qualification course is required (if the rider cannot qualify for participation in the main stages of the Motosurf World Cup, he / she starts in a special training race).
- 48 male riders and 24 women riders are allowed to compete.
- To participate in the race you need a FIDSM license (for more information about this license, see this article).
- You can take part in only one race of the whole championship.
- Those interested can register as an individual or as part of a team (further information will be published soon).
- Requirements for equipment (basic equipment in the form of a homologated motorized surfboard in good mechanical condition, vest and helmet.
- Before each race, technical and administrative checks are carried out.
- The direction of movement of the tracks will vary throughout each event to ensure even placement of the regular ride.
- 31.1.2017 – registration for participation in races by e-mail, the beginning of the announcement of numbers, the provision of applications for the FIDSM license, the provision of personal information for the profile of the website.
- Race registration must be completed at least 3 weeks prior to the start of an individual event.
- 15.2.2017 – settlement of FIDSM licenses, provision of graphic images and sizes for shirts for competitions.
Team standingsFor the first time in MSWC history, the top-end male category finisher and the top female category finisher score points for their team in the team competition. Following the example of a Formula 1 team, points from both riders are added together to get the overall result of the team championship.
Position, Prize, Awards and Benefits
- World Cup winner Motosurf wins the new Jetsurf Race Titanium.
- Пcomfort and accommodation are included for the top 10 fastest riders (men) at the Motosurf World Championship.
- Women’s awards and benefits are mainly presented in the form of equipment, sponsorship for participation in the championship, a cheaper license and no start-up fee. (A special article on women at MSWC is scheduled for mid-April at motosurfnation.com).
- П2017 earing money: € 3520 total from each event (Men). 4 € per point, you can win up to 880 points from one event – only 3520 €.
Licenses, fees and chargesMen: whole year license € 100, single race license € 50 Women: year-round license 50 €, license for one race 50 € Entry fee for men: strong> € 100 per race Entry fee for women: is free Juniors: бесплатно
Special events and local championshipsOther races, such as local races, are not part of the championship, but are considered national championships. Since the maximum number of riders in MSWC 2017 is 48 men and 24 women, the best riders of the national championships will be selected to participate in MSWC 2018! 12-15 июня Spain (Benidorm) Середина июня Singapore (Siloso Beach) 24 июня Slovakia (Not disclosed) 19-20 августа Czech Republicа (Валтицкие) Не разглашается Mexico(Не разглашается) Не разглашается Canada (Not disclosed)
Национальные чемпионатыWill include two official categories for men and women.:
- Зарегистрированные гонщики с лицензией FIDSM (обязательно для гонок MSWC)
- Amateur racers (no license required)