HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 is the world's first hydrofoil bike powered by an electric motor.This efoil bike that shares the same technology with the America's Cup sailboats is novel for cycling. Suitable for various training levels, it allows riders exploring ocean shorelines, training along waterways, or cruising across the lakeshore with friends and family.
HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 accelerates to a top speed of up to 22 km/h, just like traditional sailboats. The bike consists of a modular design that can be quickly assembled and transported to and from the water. And for ease of transportation, it is disassembled into several parts.The aluminum alloy frame consists of carbon fiber elements to provide XE-1 with light weight and high strength. Usability of its geometry allows it to float even at rest. The aquabike can be ridden using only pedals, both pedals and motor, or electric traction only.
The sleek and simplistic design of the Hydrofiler makes it easy to understand how to handle it. The XE-1 electric motor is virtually silent. You can ride in both fresh and salt water. The maximum load is 100 kg.
HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 features
- Carbon fiber hull.
- The rear hydrofoil is 198 cm and the front one is 121cm.
- Hydrofoil design is good to ride on lake, river, and ocean expanses..
- Modular design allows disassembling your Hydrofoiler for transportation.
- IPX8 motor and battery protection.
- Motor power of 400 W.
- Easy maintenance.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HYDROFOILER ™ XE-1
The HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 consists of a sturdy chassis of aircraft-grade aluminum: ebike engine, battery, gearbox, two main carbon fiber hydrofoils, and a front tiller assembly designed to automatically level the jet ski in the water.
With a top speed of 22 km/h and a cruising speed of 11-13 km/h, the jet ski is designed for riders from 60 to 100 kg. The HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 itself, including battery and motor, weighs about 29 kg.
- HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 size when assembled: height: 1.4 m, width: 2 m, length: 2.2 m.
- Dimensions of the box with the main frame (main box): length:1.5 m, width: 0.22 m, height: 1.05 m.
- Dimensions of the box with hydrofoils (foil box): length: 2.04 m, width: 0.29 m, height: 0.1 m.
MAIN FRAME AND GEARBOX
In addition to saltwater and corrosion resistance, HYDROFOILER™ XE-1 main frame and gearbox offer certain design solutions aimed at the simplicity and reliability characteristic of this high-quality ebike.
- 6061-T6 aluminum chassis.
- Hybrid drivetrain with standard elements for ease of the replacement.
- Buoyancy modules to ensure stability of the jet ski in both water surface and underwater position.
- Equipment certified for sea climate.
The design and shape of the wings are finely tuned to improve a stability/maneuverability balance for various water conditions.
- The hydrofoil fairing design minimizes drag and increases the effective span of the hydrofoil.
- The hydrofoil span is 2 m for the rear wing and 1.2 m for the front wing.
- Versatile hydrofoils are good to ride on lakes, rivers, and the ocean.
- Modular design for ease of assembly and transportation in a car.
ELECTRIC MOTOR AND BATTERY
The electric motor and battery are combined into a single waterproof unit to facilitate the jet ski operation. The motor is certified to use in saltwater, it's nearly silent and produces no harmful emission.
- Fully submersible (class 1PX8) watertight battery compartment.
- Easy-access connector to connect the charger cable. Charging time is 4 hours.
- Electric motor rated for class 1PX8 water resistance.
- Nominal power of the pedal drive is 460 W (max. 800 W).
- Up to 60 minutes of operation at the top power. The estimated battery life may vary depending on rider weight, weather conditions, and selected driving modes.